I attended a meeting over the weekend. I had the opportunity of being addressed by a senior colleague, who I consider a friend and mentor. She’s simply amazing. Here are the excerpts of the address and hope it motivates you to define your own future.
- Have a vision – continually ask yourself what your vision is. Write it down and stick it in a conspicous place, where you can put your mind to it.
- See what you are prepared to see. If you focus on the negative, be prepared for the worst.
- Seize the day and fulfill your dream or goals to achieve success in life.
- Look within you; what do you feel? There’s never a particular age for excellence. YOU CAN CHANGE THE GAME.
- Have an inner dream (ignite your fire).
- Look behind you, what have you learnt?
- Leadership is not definite within a particular stage.
- Define what’s important and what’s not.
- Struggle to be part of the top 20 (I mean acheivers).
- Integrity is what and who you are.
- Develop yourself (dont’wait for your employer- this is the biggest calling of leadership).
Finally, I leave you with this chinese proverb:
“If you want to plan for a year, grow rice; If you want to plan for 10 years, grow trees; If you want to plan for a decade, grow men” .