Aubrey Organics Protein Balancing Conditioner
Sunny Isle Castor Oil
Biolage Advanced Matrix Fibrestrong
Mane N Tail Detangler
Green Tea rinse
Roux Porosity Control
1. My hair is due for a protein treatment and I decided to use Aubrey Organics which has become my favorite protein go to. In a bowl, I mixed Aubrey Organics and Castor oil together and applied in sections starting with my ends. For detangling, I reached out for Mane N Tail Detangler and sprayed each section liberally. I allowed it to dry a bit before proceeding to detangle with my Hercules Sageman comb.
2. I covered my hair with 2 shower caps and my satin bonnet and went off to sleep. Once I woke up, I proceeded to rinse out the prepoo mix from my hair and this is why I love this conditioner. Usually when rinsing out my prepoo mix, there are shed strands on the floor of the bathtub but with Aubrey, no! no!…shedding does not occur and my hair feels strengthened in a way I cannot find adequate words to describe.
3. I washed in sections with my Ion Keratin Smoothing Shampoo (today was to be my clarifying wash day but I had applied this shampoo before remembering. So next week it is then). Once I was done rinsing out the shampoo, I applied Ion Keratin Smoothing Conditioner and left it on for 2mintues before rinsing out.
4. Applied my green tea rinse and left to dry for 20minutes (by sitting in front of the fan), then proceeded to apply my deep conditioner mix. I was gunning for moisture now and decided to check my product stash bag for what I could use. Spied my ORS Replenishing Conditioner and decided to use what was left since I wanted to exhaust before moving onto Kanechom Ceramidas. Mixed it with Roux Porosity Control, Peppermint Oil & Castor oil. Applied in sections starting with my ends before moving up towards my root.
5. Covered my hair with a shower cap and sat under my heat cap (Gold N Hot) for 30minutes, I left my hair to cool off for 15minutes before rinsing out the deep conditioning mix.
6. Wrapped my hair with a cotton towel for 10 minutes and proceeded to seal in the moisture with Jojoba Oil (I’m gunning for a 27week stretch and I’ve discovered of late that my hair at this time, prefers that I seal it while it’s still got moisture) With this recent discovery, my hair remains moisturized throughout the week and I don’t need to moisture and seal alternately like I did before. That’s why it’s a journey I guess. You discover new things along the way.
7. Applied Tresemme split remedy to my ends and used Biolage Advanced Matrix Fiber strong and Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum. Ended up with soft, smooth strengthened hair which I’m wearing in a cross wrap so I can wear my hair out tomorrow. I’m currently 15weeks post relaxer….12more weeks to go.
Regarding my inversion technique, I’m at a loss about my results. Yes I saw increased growth though I haven’t snapped my current length to compare with the last length picture I took. I’m currently battling with shrinkage and I don’t want to start off the month by using heat. I’ll get around to it hopefully next week and put up the pictures.
How was your wash day?