A big part of a successful hair journey is the ability to retain your length and this can be achieved through consistent moisture and sealing. Your weekly deep conditioning also plays an important role as well. If you’re desirous of retaining length, then you’ve got to do the following:
1. Detangle gently by using a detangling spray.
2. Do Oil-pre poos.
3. Keep your hair moisturized.
4. Avoid using heat on your hair.
5. Air dry consistently.
6. Use seam free comb for your hair.
7. Apply protein treatments.
8. Seal your ends.
9. Do not comb or brush your hair when wet unless your hair can withstand it.
10. Clarify regularly to avoid product build up.
11. For protective styling, choose low manipulative styles.
12. Sleep on a silk/satin pillow or invest in silk/satin hair bonnets.
13. Avoid styles that pull at your edges.
14. Massage your scalp regularly.
15. Lightly use natural oils on your scalp on alternate days.