Introducing heat during your deep conditioning session can make a whole lot of difference and heat caps provide that answer. Using my heat cap for the past one year has made a whole lot of difference since I only touch up twice a year. It has proven effective in taming my new growth and ensuring it remains hydrated during the week. Love!love my heat cap..you can take a nap for an hour; watch your favorite soap series during your deep conditioning session. It’s made my hair journey much easier.
1. Divided my hair into 3 sections; sprayed the roots with Mane N Tail Detangler & allowed to dry out before detangling each section, carefully combing from my ends to the roots. Can’t believe I’ve got 8more weeks to go before ending my 6month stretch. It’s been a breeze cos I’ve incorporated protective styling throughout this stretch. Coated each section with Jamaican Black Castor Oil; covered my hair with a shower cap & satin bonnet overnight.
2. Washed in sections this morning with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo (this has got to be one of the best sulfate free shampoo cos it gives great value for money). The one litre bottle comes with a pump and just one drop of the pump is enough to wash your hair as it’s got this creamy lather.
3. Rinsed out the shampoo and applied Roux Porosity Control to each section. Left it on for 5minutes before rinsing out. Wrapped my hair with a cotton towel for 15minutes.
4. Applied Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner to each section & coated my ends with Chi Silk Infusion since it’s got silk amino acid. Applied my oil mix to my scalp & sat under my heat cap for an hour. Took that time to take a nap.
5. Once time was up, I waited for 5minutes for the heat to cool down before rinsing in sections. Wrapped my hair with a cotton towel for 10minutes. Once I removed the towel, I was struck by how silky my ends felt and my hair was a lot straighter even though it was wet (influence of silk amino acid). My roots was stretched as well.
6. Applied Tresemme Split Remedy followed by Biolage Advance Matrix Fibrestrong before sealing with my oil mix which consists of Rosemary, Peppermint; Jojoba & JBCO. Topped up with a dime size Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.
7. Divided my hair into 2 sections and used 2 huge clips to stretch my roots out by banding the hair before using the clips.
Once my hair is dry, I intend to cross wrap while I check out Pinterest for my weekly protective style inspiration. It’ll probably be a messy bun.