Wash days recently have become shorter. I’ve had to do away with methods like:
* Deep conditioning overnight
* Prepoo overnight
Less is simply more and I’m enjoying this new found relationship with my hair. My ends are in a better shape as I’ve done away with all the bone straight ends and only have texlaxed hair to deal with. I’d like to start texlaxing myself but it’s better I leave it to the hands of the hair stylist I can instruct. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt, keep it simple always.
My wash day routine now follows this pattern:
* Prepoo for 40 minutes with Trader’s Joe Virgin Coconut oil (simply love the thick coconut gooey goodness). I’ve also incorporated the use of Trader’s Joe Virgin Coconut oil for cooking as well. It adds a nice flavour to vegetable stir fry when you’re making Tortilla wraps.
* Wash in sections (using hot water) with a sulfate free shampoo or clarifying shampoo depending on the product build up I’ve got.
* Apply Roux Porosity Control to my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing out.
* Apply green tea rinse before deep conditioning.
* Use a protein (Aubrey Organic GBP; Naturellegrow Intense Deep Conditioner ) or moisturising deep conditioner (Hairveda Sitrinillah, Naturellegrow Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm, Naturellegrow Mango & Coconut Water) alternating on a weekly basis.
* Rinse out the deep conditioner, wrap a cotton towel on my hair for 20minutes.
* Divide my hair into 4 sections, apply Chi Silk Infusion and proceed to blow dry on cool using the ‘Red by KISS Handless Dryer with the comb attachment’. It does a fantastic job of straightening my texlaxed hair including my roots.
* Apply Hollywood Beauty Mayonnaise Moisturizer to freshly blow dried hair.
* Whip out my paddle brush and proceed to brush each section 25 times (focusing on my scalp to stimulate growth).
Voila, I’m done within 3 hours.
During the week, it’s easier to maintain now by adopting the following routine:
* Pop 1 chewable microlozenge (5000 mcg biotin) daily. My nails have been sprouting like crazy. This is the last thing I take before going to bed as Stevie recommended cos when the body is at rest, it has the time to regenerate. I’ve gotten more than an inch since I commenced usage.
* Apply Hollywood Beauty Mayonnaise Moisturizer 3times weekly at night before going to bed. I simply divide my hair into 4 sections, apply the leave in and whip out my paddle brush. Proceed to give 25 brush strokes to each section focusing on my scalp (to stimulate growth). This leave in sinks in pretty fast and I don’t have to bother about staining my satin pillowcase.
I’m in a better place with my hair now I can see what’s working. I’ll be due for a monthly scalp check up with Stevie in about 3 weeks from now. Can’t wait to see and hear her reactions. I’ve been snapping pictures of my scalp, length and ends which I’ll be sharing with her.