Wishing you all a splendid month ahead. How’re you doing in your respective lives? Fantastic I trust. These past few months have been a roller coaster and I really needed the rest. Furthermore, I’d been in search of a great vacay opportunity (free) for ladies who’re interested in a deeper and insightful vacation experience but alas the opportunity has dried. I’d always taken advantage and thought it’ll still be open but that’s not the case anymore. Anyway, the hunt is still on and I’ll surely come across some other soon. If you’re interested in a different type of vacation this summer, I’ll suggest you head over to Global Volunteers. The experience is life changing but don’t take my words for it. Try it and you’ll see.
I’ll be back with hair updates. Also note that these Hairveda product range & others are available now.
Have a fab week ahead!
I’m at the stage where air-drying no longer works for my Texlaxed hair. My weekly wash day isn’t complete without blowdrying on cool once my hair is almost dry. On the few occasions I’ve tried air drying, I often end up with shrinkage and crinkly hair. I guess it’s due to this fine strands of mine. Your experience may be different. The most important thing is to do what’s right for your hair.
I’ve worked very hard to get this beautiful mane and I like to wear my hair out or in a messy updo while striving to project a professional image too. Messy updo’s have become my go to hairstyle due to the thickness I’ve gained now. It’s so gratifying to pull up my hair into a messy bun without using ponytail holders but bobby pins only.
Q: How do I grow longer hair overnight?
A: Unless you’re Rapunzel, hair does not grow longer overnight at least for African hair. It takes patience, perseverance, listening to your hair needs, determining what products works for your hair. These steps will not be accomplished within a few weeks or months. Basically, if you’ve subjected your hair to unhealthy practices over the years, it’ll take time to unlearn these bad habits and pick up new ones.
So take it one day at a time. Learn the basics and kickstart a healthy hair regime and you’ll begin to see results in small, measured steps.
To other news, our stock of Natrol Biotin Chewable Biotin are available for ladies who’ve requested notification. Just head over to the website to place your orders. We offer ‘Payment on Delivery’ for the following locations: Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Port Harcourt & Ibadan).
Have a fun filled weekend.
1. Prepoo with ORS Hair Mayonnaise. These days, I prepoo with a protein treatment on dry hair for 40 minutes with my heat cap. I’ve also stopped mixing oils with my deep treatment products. I use the product as it is. I don’t know if there’s a big difference between this huge jar and the regular size jar. This gave a lot of slip and easily penetrated my hair strands. I’ll be switching from this brand to Hollywood Beauty Carrot Deep Treatment soon. I’d like to compare both brands in terms of efficacy.
2. Once time was up, I rinsed each section with warm water before using the Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Shampoo. Tea rinsed and left my each section to dry using the hair clippers.
3. I applied Garnier Fructis 3minute undo dryness reversal treatment (it’s a moisturizing deep treatment), to each section focusing on my ends, and gradually working my way up to the roots. Sat under my heat cap for 50minutes. Switched off and waited for 10minutes more before rinsing out the deep conditioner using cool water.
4. Wrapped a cotton towel on my hair to absorb excess moisture for 20minutes.
5. On damp hair, I applied Chi Silk Infusion to each section before blowdrying with the KISS Handle-less dryer using cold setting.
The key to straight hair is to start with your ends and work your way up to the roots. If you start with your roots, you’ll end up with frizzy ends. One single pass across each section does the trick.
6. I proceed to apply Hollywood Beauty Mayonnaise Moisturizing Creme Oil to my ends and length. I also apply an oil mix consisting JBCO and peppermint oil on my scalp. I run through each section (25strokes) with the paddle brush and I’m done.
Have a great week ahead!
Due to popular demand, we’re currently accepting import orders for the month of March. Please note that the import window will be open within the period, 4th – 10th March, 2015.
How does it work?
Based on your requirement, kindly send in a list of the items you’d like to order and I’ll revert back with the prices and mode of payment. Once payment notification is received, your orders will be placed immediately.
So when will my orders arrive?
If this question is running through your mind, all orders placed within this period will arrive by 2nd week in April (Apil 11,2015) and it’ll be shipped out immediately. For Ladies who’d like to place an order from individual manufacturers listed below, it’s important you take a decision on the products you want on time as these manufacturers often require additional 3-5days to process orders and once you factor in transit and delivery timelines, some products might not arrive on time (Hair Trigger Elixir, Hairveda Sitrinillah, Hairitage Hydration, Naturellegrow, Bee Mine Deep Conditioners, Darcy’s Botanicals, Vanilla Silk Dreams and a whole host of other individual manufacturers).
Please note that the import window closes by March 10th 2015.
How do I place my order?
Simply fill in the form below and I’ll revert with required information for each individual order.
We’d like to inform ladies who’ve called in to pre-order for Manetabolism Vitamins that new stocks have arrived and you can place your orders by clicking on the link here.
I’ve got an ongoing nasty habit. On days I wear my hair out, I often have my hand in my hair searching for a split end or single strand knots. Often times, I might not have access to my scissors and end up popping these offending hair shiznits (as I like to call them). The other habit is twirling my hair around my fingers once I’m behind the wheels driving. It’s a bad habit I know, but it’s become a daily ritual and I’m trying to wean myself off the wide path that leads to hair destruction.
To kick this habit to the curb, I’m indulging in some protective styles I came across on Pinterest. I still intend to wear my hair out but by the 2nd half of the day, it’ll end up in a messy bun held up by bobby pins.
To other matters, I’d like to give a special shoutout to a reader on this blog who has gone ahead to establish an online food delivery service within the heart of Calabar. If you’re on vacation or reside and work within this serene city, then it’s time to get your food groove on by placing an order with ‘Dineoutng‘. They’ve got a range of indigenous and international cuisine available.
They also cater for corporate organizations, weddings, bridal showers, baby showers and a whole lot more.
Happy New Year and it’s great to be back on this platform after a long break. During the Christmas and new year break, I took out time to assess the health of my hair and also decide on the hair goals I want to achieve this year. By the way, I love this cold, dry weather and I’ve been keeping my hair protected by investing in some quality silk head scarves I can wear when going out. Of late, I’ve been wearing my hair out a lot since I commenced on this new regimen.
Basically, my hair goals for 2015 are:
* Maintain and sustain my new hair regimen.
* Keep up with a daily dosage of Biotin chewable vitamin (gotta say the growth has been amazing and it also keeps the weight off).
* 100 strokes three times weekly with my paddle brush.
* Touch up every 16 weeks.
* Eyelash trimming every 4 weeks.
* Blowdry on cool once weekly with my KISS Hand-less Dryer.
* Keep up with monthly scalp scrubs.
In terms of length, my full year goal is to achieve bra-strap length. I intend to keep things simple and easy going forward based on the results I’ve been seeing.
I wish you all an amazing year ahead.