One of my favorite style is the beach wave look using flexi rod and Tress Buzz has got it down to a pat with this tutorial I found on Youtube some time ago. I’ve tried it out and always recorded great success with it.
You might want to try it out by clicking on the link below
Finally our shipment has arrived. I have been so busy sorting out each order. We’ve got the following products available after sorting out last month’s order which ships out on Monday.
1. Hairveda Sitrinillah Moisturizing Deep Masque
2. Roots Only Applicator Bottle
3. Kanechom Acai
4. Kanechom Karite Butter
5. Kanechom Ceramidas
6. Coconut Oil
7. Wheat Germ Oil
8. Tyche Pro Heat Conditioning Heat Cap
9. Silk Dreams Haircare Range of Products
We’ve got a whole lot more. You can start placing your orders now.
Enjoy your weekend!!!
Since I began my 6month stretch, i’ve observed that once I pass the 10week mark, my hair at the crown is a bit drier. To combat this and prevent possible breakage, I have allotted Wednesday for mid-week deep condition. I woke up very early this morning and divided my hair into 2 major sections; sprayed each section with Mane N Tail Detangler before combing. Proceeded to apply Herbal Essence Hello Hydration to each section starting from the roots to mid-length before applying Aubrey Organics GBP to my ends up to mid-length.
Using Roots Only applicator bottle, I applied NJoy essentials to my roots & sat under my heat cap for an hour before rinsing out.
Wrapped my hair with a cotton towel before applying a mix of grapeseed oil & JBCO. I finally changed the brand of grapeseed oil I use to La Tourangelle after reading up on how to identify the real thing.
The colour of this oil is dark green and comes in a can which preserves the integrity of the oil since it’s not exposed to direct sunlight.
Ended up with the protective style below.
The team at Darcy’s Botanicals recently sent me samples of ‘Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream’. As stated on the pack, it’s great for braiding, waves & locs. I intend to use it for my bantu knot this weekend and some other protective styles I’ve seen of late on Pinterest. I also intend to use it as a daily leave-in. I’ll post my review once I’m done with the samples.
Enjoy your day ladies!!!
My younger sister got a touch up about 8 weeks ago and I never got around to checking her length just to see if she’s been able to retain all the growth she got. I was pleasantly surprised to see she’s about 2inches away from bra strap length when I checked tonight. Ladies, consistency and patience pays off. You can achieve your desired length by sticking to a regimen that works. Protective styling also aided her retention as she’s consistently in one form of protective styling like bantu knots and this style pictured on the right.
Have a great week ahead!
Introducing heat during your deep conditioning session can make a whole lot of difference and heat caps provide that answer. Using my heat cap for the past one year has made a whole lot of difference since I only touch up twice a year. It has proven effective in taming my new growth and ensuring it remains hydrated during the week. Love!love my heat cap..you can take a nap for an hour; watch your favorite soap series during your deep conditioning session. It’s made my hair journey much easier.
1. Divided my hair into 3 sections; sprayed the roots with Mane N Tail Detangler & allowed to dry out before detangling each section, carefully combing from my ends to the roots. Can’t believe I’ve got 8more weeks to go before ending my 6month stretch. It’s been a breeze cos I’ve incorporated protective styling throughout this stretch. Coated each section with Jamaican Black Castor Oil; covered my hair with a shower cap & satin bonnet overnight.
2. Washed in sections this morning with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo (this has got to be one of the best sulfate free shampoo cos it gives great value for money). The one litre bottle comes with a pump and just one drop of the pump is enough to wash your hair as it’s got this creamy lather.
3. Rinsed out the shampoo and applied Roux Porosity Control to each section. Left it on for 5minutes before rinsing out. Wrapped my hair with a cotton towel for 15minutes.
4. Applied Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner to each section & coated my ends with Chi Silk Infusion since it’s got silk amino acid. Applied my oil mix to my scalp & sat under my heat cap for an hour. Took that time to take a nap.
5. Once time was up, I waited for 5minutes for the heat to cool down before rinsing in sections. Wrapped my hair with a cotton towel for 10minutes. Once I removed the towel, I was struck by how silky my ends felt and my hair was a lot straighter even though it was wet (influence of silk amino acid). My roots was stretched as well.
6. Applied Tresemme Split Remedy followed by Biolage Advance Matrix Fibrestrong before sealing with my oil mix which consists of Rosemary, Peppermint; Jojoba & JBCO. Topped up with a dime size Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.
7. Divided my hair into 2 sections and used 2 huge clips to stretch my roots out by banding the hair before using the clips.
Once my hair is dry, I intend to cross wrap while I check out Pinterest for my weekly protective style inspiration. It’ll probably be a messy bun.