It’s been a while. I’d like to inform you all that this blog will be migrating to a new platform by Saturday. A warm hug goes to all the incredible ladies I have met over the years while running this blog.
Change is good and it’ll only get better. I’ve set up a new home for this blog and you can visit us by clicking here or here. We’re still available to attend to all orders tat come in through this blog but you can catch up with me on all news relating to hair matters and other stuffs as well.
Thanks a lot.
Wishing you all a splendid month ahead. How’re you doing in your respective lives? Fantastic I trust. These past few months have been a roller coaster and I really needed the rest. Furthermore, I’d been in search of a great vacay opportunity (free) for ladies who’re interested in a deeper and insightful vacation experience but alas the opportunity has dried. I’d always taken advantage and thought it’ll still be open but that’s not the case anymore. Anyway, the hunt is still on and I’ll surely come across some other soon. If you’re interested in a different type of vacation this summer, I’ll suggest you head over to Global Volunteers. The experience is life changing but don’t take my words for it. Try it and you’ll see.
I’ll be back with hair updates. Also note that these Hairveda product range & others are available now.
Have a fab week ahead!
I’m at the stage where air-drying no longer works for my Texlaxed hair. My weekly wash day isn’t complete without blowdrying on cool once my hair is almost dry. On the few occasions I’ve tried air drying, I often end up with shrinkage and crinkly hair. I guess it’s due to this fine strands of mine. Your experience may be different. The most important thing is to do what’s right for your hair.
I’ve worked very hard to get this beautiful mane and I like to wear my hair out or in a messy updo while striving to project a professional image too. Messy updo’s have become my go to hairstyle due to the thickness I’ve gained now. It’s so gratifying to pull up my hair into a messy bun without using ponytail holders but bobby pins only.
Q: How do I grow longer hair overnight?
A: Unless you’re Rapunzel, hair does not grow longer overnight at least for African hair. It takes patience, perseverance, listening to your hair needs, determining what products works for your hair. These steps will not be accomplished within a few weeks or months. Basically, if you’ve subjected your hair to unhealthy practices over the years, it’ll take time to unlearn these bad habits and pick up new ones.
So take it one day at a time. Learn the basics and kickstart a healthy hair regime and you’ll begin to see results in small, measured steps.
To other news, our stock of Natrol Biotin Chewable Biotin are available for ladies who’ve requested notification. Just head over to the website to place your orders. We offer ‘Payment on Delivery’ for the following locations: Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Port Harcourt & Ibadan).
Have a fun filled weekend.
1. Prepoo with ORS Hair Mayonnaise. These days, I prepoo with a protein treatment on dry hair for 40 minutes with my heat cap. I’ve also stopped mixing oils with my deep treatment products. I use the product as it is. I don’t know if there’s a big difference between this huge jar and the regular size jar. This gave a lot of slip and easily penetrated my hair strands. I’ll be switching from this brand to Hollywood Beauty Carrot Deep Treatment soon. I’d like to compare both brands in terms of efficacy.
2. Once time was up, I rinsed each section with warm water before using the Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Shampoo. Tea rinsed and left my each section to dry using the hair clippers.
3. I applied Garnier Fructis 3minute undo dryness reversal treatment (it’s a moisturizing deep treatment), to each section focusing on my ends, and gradually working my way up to the roots. Sat under my heat cap for 50minutes. Switched off and waited for 10minutes more before rinsing out the deep conditioner using cool water.
4. Wrapped a cotton towel on my hair to absorb excess moisture for 20minutes.
5. On damp hair, I applied Chi Silk Infusion to each section before blowdrying with the KISS Handle-less dryer using cold setting.
The key to straight hair is to start with your ends and work your way up to the roots. If you start with your roots, you’ll end up with frizzy ends. One single pass across each section does the trick.
6. I proceed to apply Hollywood Beauty Mayonnaise Moisturizing Creme Oil to my ends and length. I also apply an oil mix consisting JBCO and peppermint oil on my scalp. I run through each section (25strokes) with the paddle brush and I’m done.
Have a great week ahead!
Due to popular demand, we’re currently accepting import orders for the month of March. Please note that the import window will be open within the period, 4th – 10th March, 2015.
How does it work?
Based on your requirement, kindly send in a list of the items you’d like to order and I’ll revert back with the prices and mode of payment. Once payment notification is received, your orders will be placed immediately.
So when will my orders arrive?
If this question is running through your mind, all orders placed within this period will arrive by 2nd week in April (Apil 11,2015) and it’ll be shipped out immediately. For Ladies who’d like to place an order from individual manufacturers listed below, it’s important you take a decision on the products you want on time as these manufacturers often require additional 3-5days to process orders and once you factor in transit and delivery timelines, some products might not arrive on time (Hair Trigger Elixir, Hairveda Sitrinillah, Hairitage Hydration, Naturellegrow, Bee Mine Deep Conditioners, Darcy’s Botanicals, Vanilla Silk Dreams and a whole host of other individual manufacturers).
Please note that the import window closes by March 10th 2015.
How do I place my order?
Simply fill in the form below and I’ll revert with required information for each individual order.