Wishing you all a splendid month ahead. How’re you doing in your respective lives? Fantastic I trust. These past few months have been a roller coaster and I really needed the rest. Furthermore, I’d been in search of a great vacay opportunity (free) for ladies who’re interested in a deeper and insightful vacation experience but alas the opportunity has dried. I’d always taken advantage and thought it’ll still be open but that’s not the case anymore. Anyway, the hunt is still on and I’ll surely come across some other soon. If you’re interested in a different type of vacation this summer, I’ll suggest you head over to Global Volunteers. The experience is life changing but don’t take my words for it. Try it and you’ll see.
I’ll be back with hair updates. Also note that these Hairveda product range & others are available now.
Have a fab week ahead!
1. Prepoo with ORS Hair Mayonnaise. These days, I prepoo with a protein treatment on dry hair for 40 minutes with my heat cap. I’ve also stopped mixing oils with my deep treatment products. I use the product as it is. I don’t know if there’s a big difference between this huge jar and the regular size jar. This gave a lot of slip and easily penetrated my hair strands. I’ll be switching from this brand to Hollywood Beauty Carrot Deep Treatment soon. I’d like to compare both brands in terms of efficacy.
2. Once time was up, I rinsed each section with warm water before using the Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Shampoo. Tea rinsed and left my each section to dry using the hair clippers.
3. I applied Garnier Fructis 3minute undo dryness reversal treatment (it’s a moisturizing deep treatment), to each section focusing on my ends, and gradually working my way up to the roots. Sat under my heat cap for 50minutes. Switched off and waited for 10minutes more before rinsing out the deep conditioner using cool water.
4. Wrapped a cotton towel on my hair to absorb excess moisture for 20minutes.
5. On damp hair, I applied Chi Silk Infusion to each section before blowdrying with the KISS Handle-less dryer using cold setting.
The key to straight hair is to start with your ends and work your way up to the roots. If you start with your roots, you’ll end up with frizzy ends. One single pass across each section does the trick.
6. I proceed to apply Hollywood Beauty Mayonnaise Moisturizing Creme Oil to my ends and length. I also apply an oil mix consisting JBCO and peppermint oil on my scalp. I run through each section (25strokes) with the paddle brush and I’m done.
Have a great week ahead!
We’d like to inform ladies who’ve called in to pre-order for Manetabolism Vitamins that new stocks have arrived and you can place your orders by clicking on the link here.
Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of attending to my niece’s hair. Both of them had been hounding me to wash and deep condition since my sister had been too busy. I commenced with the younger one by detangling and once we were done, I was amazed at the results we had gotten for the past 4years since we started taking care of her hair.
See pics below:
Suffice to say, we spent 2hours ogling and taking pictures of this huge Afro.
She’s excited about her length now and wants to wear it out. Prepoo was done with Aubrey Organics GBP for an hour. Nowadays, it’s important her hair is braided in 10sections to make it easier to wash. Applied green tea rinse, allowed it to dry and applied Silk Dreams Shea What to each section; covered her hair with a shower cap and left it on for 2hours before rinsing out. Wrapped her hair with a cotton towel for 20minutes before sealing in sections with Giovanni Weightless Leave in & Trader Joe’s Jojoba oil.
She’s at mid-length now and the thickness and length is simply amazing.
Apart from Lauren Mechelle whose hair I absolutely adore, I’ve got a hair crush on Kimberly Holden as well. She makes these fun quirky and engaging videos. If you’re thinking of trying on clip in extensions for the holidays, you should also know how to wash them as well. If you’re in the mood for a messy bun tutorial, check the videos below:
It’s important to have a schedule you can stick to when trimming your ends. If you’re just starting out on your hair journey and your ends are in a weak state, start afresh by sniping those dead ends off. Your hair will thank you for it.
If you decide not to, months later down the road, you’ll have to face this monster head on. At that point in time, you’ll be battling with split ends, breakage and mid-shaft splits as well. It’s important you nip this early on by doing the needful. As time goes on, you’ll reap the rewards in terms of healthy, thicker ends.
What schedule should I implement for my hair?
You can either have a 6week or 4week calendar you adhere to for trimming.
How do I trim successfully? Check out these YouTube videos below:
For the past few days, I have been considering making some changes or additions to my prepoo treatment which consisted of Jbco, NJoy Long & Healthy Oil/Grapeseed Oil. However my hair seems to have had enough of drinking up so much oils that I have considered other pre-shampoo treatment I can use as well. After days and days of research, I have finally decided on the following products:
1. Garnier Fructis 3-minute Undo Treatment: I first learnt about this brand via Lauren Mechelle’s blog. She uses it during her touch up sessions as she claims it’s perfect for ladies who don’t want the flat, limp feel you get from freshly relaxed hair as this product reverses that by keeping your hair’s volume intact. I couldn’t fault her as my experience with Garnier product range has been fantastic (I currently use their Pure Active range and my face has never been more clearer and smoother). For the past 2days, i’ve been trying out Garnier Pure Active Charcoal Scrub & the results have been fantastic. Need I say more..I intend to add this to my depleted product stash. I also checked out the reviews online and it’s positive. So keeping my fingers crossed…hoping it works as a pre-shampoo treatment.
2. Shea Moisture Anti-breakage masque: I have watched countless reviews for this brand on YouTube and the reviews claim it does what it says.
3. Shea Moisture Balancing Conditioner: the online verdict on this one is also positive.
4.Burt’s Bee Avocado Pre-shampoo treatment: I’ve used the lip balm product range but i wasn’t impressed till I crushed it up and used it for my home made lip scrub. I even bought these luscious small containers for the scrub so I can be mobile with it to touch up my lips anytime they feel dry.
These are the products I’ll be trying out for the next few months. The first product on rotation will be none other than Garnier 3 minute-undo. Let’s see how it goes.